Our monthly email newsletter contains important information regarding the month ahead. Please read this newsletter carefully each month to avoid missing important information. If you are a part of our Toes of Grace Dance family and are not receiving the monthly emails, please notify Natalie.
For questions and concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-922-9353
- A non-refundable registration fee and first month's tuition are due at enrollment for each dance season.
- Tuition is billed monthly and is charged the 1st of each month regardless of when your first class of the month falls.
- All families will be required to have a card on file for auto-pay.
- In the event that a credit/debit card or check is refused or returned as un-payable, the customer will be responsible for the full transaction charge plus any fees charged by the banking establishment to Toes of Grace. It is the customer’s responsibility to notify Toes of Grace of any changes in their payment information. Any unpaid balances will result in a $15 late fee on the 6th of each month and enforced on all accounts past due. Late notices will be sent via email.
- Payments 30 days past due will result in lesson termination and the date and time slot will be released for new students.
- A full month’s tuition is due for ALL months (August-June). Tuition is broken up into monthly payments based on 41 weeks for your convenience. The school year will consist of (41) forty-one weekly class sessions from August - June. Monthly tuition is based on the average of 3.5 classes per month. Some months have as few as (2) two weeks others have as many as (5) five. You are not paying for scheduled school vacations and holidays. Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal commitments.
- Tuition is NOT pro-rated for absences, inclement weather days, holidays, or Recital Picture Week.
- We offer a $5 discount for siblings.
Withdrawing from lessons and classes
- Withdrawal from a class and/or lesson(s) requires a 30-day written notice.
- The dance season runs from August to June.
- A registration fee will be charged if a student chooses to re-enroll.
- Lessons are paid in full within this 30-day time period.
- There will be no refunds or credits for unattended lessons during these 30 days.
- To request a withdrawal, please contact email@example.com
- Any recital costumes that have not been claimed within 60 days of a student's withdrawal from class will become property of Toes of Grace.
- Toes of Grace reserves the right at any time to cancel a class due to low enrollment, alter the class schedule, ask a child to move to a different class if that class is not appropriate for their level, or remove a child for behavior issues.
- All students will also need to sign a release of dance liability form.
Absences, Make up Class, and Attendance
Absences and Make up Class
- I agree to let Toes of Grace instructors and office management know if my student will be absent or have to leave early, as this is disruptive to class. Should my student need to leave early, I understand that only Toes of Grace staff may go into the classroom to collect my student.
- I understand and agree that if a scheduling conflict arises that involves my student missing more than 25% of class time each week, the office management will discuss a plan for private lessons or un-enrollment at this time. I understand that Toes of Grace wishes to protect all students, instructors, and their class time.
- I understand that for all Level 3, Level 4, and company classes, my student may not miss more than 6 classes a year. A student who misses more than 6 classes may warrant a discussion to move the student to a lower level class.
- Choreography and skills are highly advanced and multiple absences affect the growth and performance of the entire cohort.
- I understand during the year that if my student misses more than 4 classes of a specific style in a semester, their instructor may require private lesson(s) to make sure they are caught up in their class and ready for performance. I agree to pay for these additional private lessons. The cut off for private lessons to prepare a student for the recital is November 1st for Holiday recitals and May 1st for Spring recitals. If a student has missed more than 4 classes and has requested a private lesson after November 1st/May 1st, participation in the recital is at the discretion of the instructor.
- I understand if my student misses 25 or more of their classes in a year, Toes of Grace can choose to not allow a student to participate in the recital - regardless of whether the student ordered a costume or not.
- I understand that in order to cancel or reschedule a private lesson, I must give the studio a 24 hours notice. Otherwise, the full payment of the lesson will be charged.
- Private lessons must be booked through the studio by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private lesson rates may vary based on instructor, style of dance, and time.
Behavior & Creative Freedom
We adhere to a strict dress code to instill discipline, give teachers the ability to provide safe corrections, and to give a sense of professionalism to the dancer. When you look like a dancer, you act like a dancer. All dress code items are required to be purchased through Toes of Grace unless otherwise noted.
- A class leotard color and style is assigned to each level
- Shoes must be purchased through the studio only to protect the integrity of our floors
- No street shoes can be worn inside the studio rooms
- Tights with no large holes or runs, must be worn to every class.
- No visible undergarments
- Hair must be pulled back and out of the face, hair must be in a bun for ballet one and up.
- No Baggy shorts
- Appropriate dance warm ups such as; Leg warmers, ballet sweaters, trash bag pants/shorts, leggings, may be worn to class during the warm-up, but must be taken off at teacher request.
- Water bottles should be brought by all dancers
- Deodorant must be worn by all dancers level two and up
If a student is not in dress code:
1st time: Verbal warning and note to parents with a dress code reminder
2nd time: Written warning
3rd time: Asked to sit out and take notes, without participating in class, this will continue each class until the dress code issue has been resolved.
Pre-pointe and pointe policies
Pre-pointe is available for level three and up. This class is to develop strength and technique to work up to dancing en pointe.
- Dancers in pre-pointe will be required to be fitted and purchase demi-pointe shoes.
- At least one instructor will be present at all pointe shoe and demi-pointe shoe fittings, and all fittings will take place at bellissimo dance boutique in Franklin.
- Dancers may spend as little as one semester and as many as 6 semesters in pre-pointe before being approved for pointe shoes
- On rare occasions some dancers will not be allowed to go en pointe at all, usually for anatomical reasons.
Dance company is by audition only, and auditions happen in May.
These dancers are held to a higher standard of attendance and behavior.
Additional fees and rehearsals will apply
Dance Recital Participation
- We plan two recitals a year, one in the winter and summer. All dancers are invited to participate.
- I understand that directors and instructors may make an exception for a new student transferring into an existing class. In these cases, the new student will be prepared to join the class in technique and application knowledge.
- I understand that should I choose to drop out of the recital, I must communicate this by November 1st for the Christmas recital, and by April 1st for the spring recital, or be subjected to a reblocking fine of $100 per class. Emergencies or injuries that happen after this date may not be subject to the fee.
- Recital dances are finished before Spring Break. When a student is unable to perform, this changes the choreography and blocking, adding additional rehearsal time for instructors and students. This fee helps to cover that additional practice time to ensure the class is ready for recital.
- I understand that attendance at Toes of Grace’'s dress rehearsal is very important. Failure to attend may result in my student being unable to participate in the recital.
- No refunds are available on costumes once they are ordered. There are no exceptions.
- Holiday and Spring Performances: Other fees will apply that will be determined and announced at a later date. Tickets will be available for purchase for those who attend. Dancers will not need a ticket
- Dancers with multiple costume changes will be required to purchase a nude colored leotard from Toes of Grace to go under their costumes.
- Holiday Show Costumes: Payment due with September tuition. Spring Recital Costumes: Payment due with October tuition.
- Costumes CANNOT be ordered without full payment. Late costume payments are subject to a $15 late fee. Any costumes ordered after December will require an additional $10-20 for shipping and no guarantee of availability.
- In regard to costume sizing– each student’s measurements are carefully compared to a sizing chart provided by the costume company. Sometimes a student’s measurements fall in between two sizes, and in most cases the larger size is ordered. The body length measurement (girth) is the most important measurement we consider when sizing. Some costumes may need to be taken in on the sides or may require other minor alterations. Each parent is responsible for these small alterations as well as attaching straps, connecting fringe, hemming pants etc. Costumes are made to order for an “average” sized person.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol and Policy
- To help keep our students, teachers, and staff safe, we will give hand sanitizer prior to entering the studio.
- The studio will be disinfected between classes.
- If for any reason the studio has to temporarily close or is unable to hold in person classes, classes may be held virtually. Attendance is still required during virtual classes and all tuition and fees still apply without reduction and are non-refundable.
- Families should notify the studio if their dancer or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 or has come into close contact with someone who has tested positive. This will help ensure the utmost safety of our dancers and staff.
- Any student having symptoms related to COVID-19 should not come to class.
- The lobby will be closed to parents until further notice and dancers will need to dropped/picked up at the door.
Recital Costume Fees
Ballet 1, Ballet 2, Lyrical Jazz, Hip-Hop, Acro, Tap
Ballet 3 & 4, Pointe
$74.99 each + tax
$79.99 each + tax
$84.99 each + tax